Wednesday, 15 August 2012
The lovely Tara from Osiris and Loki Paint Their Nails recently nominated me for the Leibster award! In case any of you are newbies to blogging like me, the Leibster award is for up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (whoo, we just made it, LOL) that deserve to be noticed. Let me just say, I cannot tell you how proud I am to even be considered a good blogger! And thank you so much to all of you who check out the blog, and comment, and (hopefully) enjoy my posts! Words cannot describe how much I adore all of you.
Anyways, mushiness aside, how this works is I first share 11 things about myself, then I
answer 11 question Tara, my nominator asked, then I pick 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
Here are 11 things about moi:
1. I am currently growing out my hair to donate it to kids that lose their hair to illnesses like cancer. Hopefully by next summer it will be long enough to donate 14 inches and still have short-medium length hair.
2. I am a competitive dancer and while I do everything except Acro, my favourite genre has got to be Musical Theatre, though I also love Ballet (but mostly for the tutus!)
3. For about 2 years now, I have volunteered at Toronto Cat Rescue's shelter-ettes in various PetSmarts every Friday, though I do occasionally go on other days.
4. I love swimming and have always wanted an in ground backyard pool. I have a backyard pool right now, but it has an exactly 1.5 meter diameter and is about 15 inches tall.
5. I have a celebrity crush on Taylor Lautner, even though I really disliked everything about Twilight (except him, of course :P)
6. I work with animals. I pet-sit, dogwalk, and groom everything from Labradors to Hedgehogs.
7. I just came back from the cottage, after being there for 4 days. I love it there though, we have our own private beaches, along with a dock and 4 different house buildings. No Internet or TV though, and only a choppy satellite phone since cellphones don't get reception. There's also a lovely floating vegetable garden, it's a garden on a floating dock!
8. Speaking of cottages, I love canoe and kayaking. I try to kayak whenever I get the chance because I think it's incredible. Especially when there's a lovely view and calm, remote waters.
9. I have a little bit of an addiction to entering nail polish giveaways. I don't win many, but when I do, I'm completely thrilled. I literally prance around the house and hug and squeeze the cat and yell happy words :P
10. I am currently working on a giveaway to thank y'all for everything, so stay tuned! I just feel like I need to do something to show you how grateful I am, and like I said before, I love giveaways :D
11. My friends describe me as 'Snazzy' and 'Flamboyant'. And I can't really disagree. I do have pants made out of carpet, after all.
Now for the questions Tera asked me.
1. When did you start collection (collecting) polish??
Hmmm... I've liked nail polish for a long time but I really got in to being a polish junkie and actually collecting about a year or two ago.
2. What is your favourite TV show?
I actually don't watch that much TV, so I really don't keep up with series. The only one I actually do keep up with is The Bang Theory (go nerds!), but I also love Awkward and watching routines from So You Think You Can Dance?.
3. What country are you from?
Born and Raised in Canada, but my mom is from England and Ukraine, while my dad is Indian. Strange combo, I know! My friends put me on the same level as designer dog breeds like Bugles and Chi-weenies :P
4. If you have to pick the worst possible colour to paint your nails..what would it be??
I know some people love deep brown nail polishes, but I have pretty fair skin (It didn't get the memo that I'm half Indian) and feel like brown always looks dirty and kind of, well, fecal on me. And I don't like frosts, so a yellow-based brown frost is the worst colour imaginable for me!
5. Do you have any pets? what are they?'
As Sierra will tell you, I am a crazy animal lady too, and have quite a zoo. I have my hedgehog Pincushion, my rat Momo, and my cat Blue. But my first pet I've ever owned deserves to be mentioned too, I have a 8 (!!!) year-old goldfish named Bubbles, who is still alive and healthy.
6. What is your favourite polish collection of all time?
That's a hard one! Just from looking at my collection people can tell I don't really get collections, I'm more of a favorite 1 or 2 person. That being said, I would love to own EVERY SINGLE ONE of the China Glaze OMGs. Too bad that I don't even own one.... Oh well.
7. What did you dance to at your wedding/prom?
I actually am not old enough to have had either! But me and my best friends danced to LMFOA's Sexy And I Know It at our Grad.
8. Glitter or holo?
Can I pick all of the above?
9. What is your favourite flower?
I love Gerbera daisies. Especially the crazy coloured ones in Blue and Green. I love those ones, but really, I love all Gerberas.
10. Where would you like to visit in the world?
I'd love to be able to take a trip to the Galapagos, and see the wildlife and stay on the beach all day, but I'm one of those people who would love to travel the World and see everything.
11. Name onefamous event in history that you would have liked to been at?
Hmm. I would have loved to meet Marie Antoneitte. I know that's not really an event, but I think it would be cool to meet such a larger-than-life person. To me, she was the original Marilyn Monroe, big-fancy-star-of-the-show, girl.
And the people I'm nominating:
Imagination In Colour
Nails N' Details
Stars Over Diamonds
Ria Loves Pawlish
The Little Canvas
Crafts After College
Fingers And Toads
And finally 11 questions for them:
1. What are you currently wearing on your nails?
2. Number one lemming?
3. Name 11 things you'd take if your house caught on fire and everything except those 11 items would be destroyed.
4. Do you have any major pet peeves? What are they?
5. What's your favorite childhood memory?
6. What is the newest nail polish(es) you just bought and how long ago did you buy it?
7. What are your hobbies?
8. Who is your role model? Name at least one person you look up too?
9. Favorite trend of 2012?
10. What is your favorite finish of nail polish?
11. Book your currently reading, or the one you have just finished?